Bee Haven Gardens (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how Bee Haven Gardens will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
Bee Haven Gardens has provided this website primarily for the benefit and use of its existing customers and any potential customers. Bee Haven Gardens is continually improving its goods and services, and as a result any information on this website may be updated without any prior notice.
Whom do Bee Haven Gardens collect your personal information from
Bee Haven Gardens collects personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available
If possible, Bee Haven Gardens will collect personal information from you directly.
How Bee Haven Gardens use your personal information
Bee Haven Gardens will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that Bee Haven Gardens provides to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act
Disclosing your personal information
Bee Haven Gardens may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying I.T. system or data centre that Bee Haven Gardens uses to provide the Bee Haven Gardens website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
Protecting your personal information
Bee Haven Gardens will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuses. If you wish us to remove your details from our systems please contact us with a request to do so.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that Bee Haven Gardens holds and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, Bee Haven Gardens will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if Bee Haven Gardens thinks the correction is reasonable and Bee Haven Gardens are reasonably able to change the personal information, Bee Haven Gardens will make the correction. If Bee Haven Gardens does not make the correction, Bee Haven Gardens will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us through our contact us page. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
Bee Haven Gardens may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While Bee Haven Gardens takes reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the website’s blog post, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Two types of cookies are used on our website:
Session Cookies: temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site. Session Cookies are used as follows:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information
- To allow you to maintain a shopping basket
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information
Persistent cookies: cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). Persistent Cookies are used as follows:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.